3rd Veggie Score: Morrisville, VT

Wednesday, 9 June: We are planning on leaving VT on Friday morning. We know that Thursday it is going to rain. So, we decide to stock up on veggie on Wednesday. Sarah tells us of a Sushi/Thai place, The Red Basil, which is like 10min from her house in Stowe, VT. (A ski town.) We pull around back, park, and on my way to the front I (admittedly) nosily walk past the row of cubies I see sitting against the wall, and just give them a poke to see if they are full. The head of a chef appears in the window & he asks if he can help me.
I simply say, "Can I have this soy bean oil?"
He replies, "That we already used?"
I say, "Yes."
He says, "Sure, go ahead."
And he disappears from the window.
I get a plastic cup & fill it up.

GOLD! GOLD! HOLY CRAP GOLD! I was gitty. I ran over to Amanda, closed one eye and looked through the cup with my other one eye & told Amanda to hold up fingers. I could count them. I took around 8 cubies.

These are the cubies -- they squarish plastic containers with a handle & a cap, enclosed in a cardboard box that identifies it. In this picture, the green rubbermaid container to the right is the RoadTote, which is the motor pump & filtration system I use to pump & filter the oil into the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment