4th Veggie Score: Ottawa, ON

13 June: Left Montreal in the morning for Chutes Provincial Park. Driving on veggie but running low. I consider refilling from what I have inside the van (the golden score from Morrisville, VT) but I say "No no!", that I should solicit restaurants as much as possible until I really neeeeed that reserve.

Conveniently enough, as I'm having this strategic debate, there is a sign for the Chinatown & Little Italy of Ottawa -- like 30mi before Ottawa. Perfecto.

I park the van & stalk the alleys behind the places, now with my baster/ big medicine dropper (to suck up the oil to have a look). 1 place had crappy oil, 1 place had 3 empty cubies of oil, 1 place had a dumpster that seemed to be owned by some kind of "recycling" company, and then I saw a place with an unmarked barrel. I went & asked them (Pho's), they said to go around back & do whatever I wanted. I checked it first with my medicine dropper, it seemed pretty good, pulled the van around & filled up: got 3/4 of a tank. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment