7th Veggie Score: Regina

22 June, Tuesday: I drive. I stop in Brandon to find oil. I was only down half a tank, but knew I wouldn't make it the rest of the way to Regina on half a tank & didn't know if there would be any other Chinese places on the map.
I used the GPS to take me to a few Chinese places. Their containers were empty. I didn't go in & ask the people inside.
I drove about 100mi on diesel.
Regina: I use the GPS to take me to an asian place. Their container is empty. Down the same alley, I saw some people coming out a back door & they were looking at me funny (because I'm creeping up the alley in my big van..) & I say "can I have any used veggie oil?" (I don't even know what establishment they are...)
They said "Sure," and they had 3 cubies of oil...
They were a BBQ place, but the oil looked okay...there were a bunch of people there & we were talking, I felt kind of pressured...and it looked okay...so I took it. I probably shouldn't have, because it will wear my filters. Oh well. Took 3 cubies, a bit more than a full tank.

3 comments:

  1. O Mary Tully! You travel on a Cloud of jah Grace!

    May our Canadian brothers and Sisters receive you with great enthusiasm.

    More Blog Posts!!!

    Peace, Love and Light

    Will I Am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on arriving at Vancouver on June 29th. Lots of miles from Baltimore to Finger Lakes to Vermont to Montreal & across the Trans Canada Highway. Can't wait to see all the pictures & hear lots more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! just returned from our Grand Canyon trip and got caught up with you, except this last post is June 22 which has me worried about what has happened to you since then! Love what you are doing and the woman of character that you are!
    Peace,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete